Connect with us

Health & Cannabis

Skin Cancer Deaths Spike for Men in Developed World

mm

Published

on

Skin Cancer Deaths Spike for Men in Developed World

A startling trend is known to develop in the skin cancer rates across most of the developed world. According to the Guardian, melanoma-related deaths of men have increased in a number of countries. This was examined as part of a study that was presented at the 2018 NCRI Cancer Conference held in Glasgow on Sunday. The research showed the rate of death in men from the aggressive, UV radiation-related skin cancer are seeing a spike as those in women have either decreased or leveled off in most of the countries observed, as per CNN.

In 8 out of 18 countries, rates in men noticed an increase by at least 50% over the past 30 years. Rates of Male melanoma were doubled in Croatia and Ireland, while Britain and Spain reportedly noticed a jump of 70%, followed by the Netherlands at 60%. Researchers found that men in Belgium and France saw a 50% increase. While the US was not included in the study, the CDC reports an increase of 25% in mortality rates for men. So why men and not women? Experts believe that men have less probability than women to use sun protection. (Meanwhile, as per the report by AP, the UN says that the hole in the ozone of the Earth may eventually be starting to heal.)

Luis Alfredo Bravo was always fascinated by the workings of the human body and for him, nothing was better than being a health news journalist to know more about the latest insights by scientific community dedicated to better health. By creating news pieces for the latest happenings in the world of human health and Cannabis, Luis aims to create awareness among the readers to help them include better and healthy options in their daily lifestyle. He also takes care of the editorial team at Scoop Seek.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Health & Cannabis

Dutch doctor replaces sperm with his own and now is the father of 49 children

mm

Published

on

A Dutch doctor had been caught red-handed in the middle of the IVF procedure. The doctor, involved in the scandal revealed that he is the father to an average of 49 children. The point to be noted here is that the doctor used his sperm instead of the donors and at present, the Dutch Doctor’s clinic is closed in Rotterdam.

According to the Defence for Children in the Dutch daily newspaper NRC, it was mentioned that Dr. Jan Karbaat who died in the year 2017 used his sperm instead of the donor’s sperm to be the father of 49 children.

The Defence for Children also quoted that there had severe speculations for him and the results also confirmed that Karbaat used his sperm at his clinic. When Dr. Karbaat was caught red-handed, he admitted to the daily newspaper that he used to mix sperms from various donors and issue fraud documentation of the donor.

A set of DNA tests were conducted in the hospital at Nijmegen, revealed and confirmed that Dr. Karbaat is a father to 49 offspring. When few of the children suspected dr Karbaat to be their father, they pulled his family to the court and presented the DNA results. However, the doctor’s family denied all the accusations against him and told that the privacy of the doctor should be respected.

The court after the hearing decided to consider the claims made by Dr karbaat’s children as then it was filed under the Children’s Right section which is more important than that of Karbaat and his family denial.

The Defence for the Children also claimed that only 49 children had been rectified but there might be several others and maybe Dr. Jan Karbaat is the father of more than 49 kudos. The sperms of the Dutch doctor was later distributed to other clinics as reported by Defence for Children to Dutch news agency ANP.

It was later found out that Karbaat before his death, admitted that he is the father of around 60 children at that time. Sources also said that Ties Van Der Meer of the Donor Child Foundation from Dutch received three more calls from a person claiming to have conceived using Karbaat’s sperm.

Continue Reading

Health & Cannabis

Many in Congo do not believe Ebola Virus is Real

mm

Published

on

Many in Congo do not believe Ebola Virus is Real

Health experts monitoring the eastern periphery of the Democratic Republic of the Congo are widely concerned about the Ebola Virus Disease taking over the area. As of now, Eastern Congo has been dubbed as the place facing 2nd deadliest outbreak of Ebola in the history.

About 600+ residents have already been added to the death toll from this disease starting last August and hundreds more have been reported infected. However, a study conducted very recently stated that 1 in 4 people living in the Eastern Congo mentioned that they believe that this Virus isn’t real. About half of these people said that this could be a made-up story by the local officials in an effort to gain power and money. Their beliefs were strengthened with the political and economical insecurity prevailing in Eastern Congo.

The findings of this study were published in the journal named Lancet Infectious Diseases. This study was based on the interviews conducted last September which is a month post revelation of the outbreak. Researchers stated that the study revealed how misguided people’s ideas with regards to Ebola were. This is what has made it harder for the authorities to tackle the spread of the disease.

Continue Reading

Health & Cannabis

More than 1,000 Ebola cases reported in outbreak

mm

Published

on

More than 1,000 Ebola cases reported in outbreak

According to the ministry of Health, Ebola virus infection has exceeded 1000 casualties in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

1009 cases have been confirmed that are affected by the Ebola virus causing epidemic situations in the country.

The deadliest Ebola Virus outbreak took place in West Africa in 2014 and now the epidemic caused from Ebola virus in the country is the second-deadliest; in which 944 patients are confirmed of suffering from the infection while 65 cases still remain probable.

The World Health Organization reported last week that there is an increase in the number of cases of Ebola Virus infection. The cause for this increase in the number of casualties is the outcome of decreased security systems that allow direct attacks on the treatment bases and pockets of mistrust among the community.

The increase in the security challenges includes the attack of the militants on the treatment centers of Ebola that got the police officers killed. Another attack in the territory of North Kivu forced the doctors to pause the efforts in saving the lives of their patients.

According to WHO the cases of Ebola haven’t spread beyond the DRC’s of North Kivu and Ituri counties and haven’t yet crossed the international peripheries.

Continue Reading

Trending